Based in Prague / Brno, Czechia
Observe a strange small train on its journey through bizarre worlds, carrying even more bizarre passengers. Each passanger has a story to share and is able to provide answers to driver's random questions. Will you be able to deduce which passanger has the right answer? In each realm, there are several stops. First, you catch passengers' utterances, as they speak, one by one, completing them into sentences, as best as you can. This gives you an insight of their mind and inner struggles. After some time, the driver stops the train and presents a question. Choose one of the passengers that, based on your attained knowledge, should be able to answer it. If you choose correctly, the helping passenger will become uplifted and their spiritual energy transferred to the train. With enough energy, the train will enter the tunnel between worlds.
The original design came from Jarnik in 2012, getting the idea on the tram, coming back from a gaming event. In 2013, he was joined by Emil and Syky, then Elliott and Yuffie.
- Five realms, each with different game mechanic
- Estimated travel time: 1 hour
- Meet new passengers on every ride, your ticket is reusable
- More than 120 passengers to encounter (How many more you ask? The number is still rising so we don’t know for sure.)
- Where else can you see a murderer sitting next to a time traveler and a roll of toilet paper?
Logo & Icon
- "Passengers is a very unique sort of experience."
- Cassandra Khaw, Indie Games
- "I was oddly mesmerized by its tale of trains and, er, what appear to be Feudal-Japan-era samurai ghosts."
- Nathan Grayson, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "A 15 minute interview in Quest - czech gaming podcast produced by Czech Radio"
- Jaromír Möwald, Quest
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Download demo: passengersgame.com.
Listen to some of the score here: soundcloud.com.
About Passengers Team
A creative collab of game developers banded together for the sole purpose of releasing the Passengers.
More information on Passengers Team, our logo & relevant media are available here.
music, sound design
Jana Kilianová "Yuffie"
Jaroslav Meloun "Jarník"
original design, programming, character art
Ondřej Sýkora "Syky"